Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I cut and paste to new sheet from working roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

wattyl

Technical User
May 1, 2002
GB
Hi there i am running an excel work roster and am having difficulty extracting shifts to a printable sheet how do i cut and paste from the rosters to this sheet.
All help appreciated

Could you provide a little more information, such as how big is the area you are trying to print? What have you tried already? WHat is the data?

The areas i am trying to print is to produce a weekly list of personel from the roster to cover different positions and shifts.
Instance 1 Monday - friday early shift for seven staff
Instance 2 Monday-Friday late shift for seven staff
instance 3 Weekend shift for 8 staff
Instance 4 weekend shift for 11 staff

Shifts are located by numbers on the main roster page working from a key table of shift patterns.
Hope this clarifies the problem
Watty

OK, doesn't sound like huge amounts of information.

The first thing I would do is rather than cut and paste, is set up areas that you need to print and call them a name. Then follow this excellent FAQ written by Dale Watson for printing multiple areas on a single page: faq68-1161

Post back if you need more help....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back