Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I customize ALL folders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spamgactus

Programmer
Oct 4, 2005
US
The Customize Folder option in the View menu of each folder allows you to specify a background image for THAT folder, but is there a way to add a background image to ALL of the folders (including new folders when they're created)?

Select Folder Options from the Tools menu in Windows Explorer. On the 2nd tab-page you can set properties so that all folders have the same attributes as the current folder.

HTH
Alan

That only sets the views for all of the folders - does not change the customizations (background image, etc.)

>specify a background image for THAT folder, but is there a way to add a background image to ALL of the folders <

Sorry, I do not understand. What do you mean by a background image for a folder? Are we talking wallpaper here? Why would you want anything other than what's already there?

Regards,
Alan

alan

if you did not know already, in explorer, you can have customizable looks for each folder display, like background images, etc, so forth. Karl
kb244@kb244.com
Experienced in : C++(both VC++ and Borland),VB1(dos) thru VB6, HTML/Dhtml, Visual InterDev 6(ASP/WebProgramming/Vbscript)

what I would probally do, is try to copy the desktop.ini to many folders as you can, least that way, they may all point to the same set of information Karl
kb244@kb244.com
Experienced in : C++(both VC++ and Borland),VB1(dos) thru VB6, HTML/Dhtml, Visual InterDev 6(ASP/WebProgramming/Vbscript)

I would like to know how you even change the folder icon at all. I cannot find any way to change the icon for folders period.

Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back