Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I create roll-over (pop-up) links

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbourdg

Programmer
Apr 26, 2001
US
Hi, this is my first post. I have used Dreamweaver for a couple of years, and recently noticed everybody using pop-up categories, within pop-up categories. I have gone throuh most of the Dreamweaver help desk and can not seem to figure out how to do this. please help. Robin

Are you talking about Fly out menus or drop down menus where when your mouse rolls over a link it drops dow a list of other links in a sub-menu?

I create most of mine in Fireworks but you can do it using the timeline and show/hide layers.

Give us a few more specifics. This is a very broad range we are talking about here. Ya' Gotta Love It!
sleepyangelsBW.jpg

Hi, I am trying to roll over a topic and have sub-topics come up that I can link to other topics or to more sub-topics.

Thanks
Robin

Hi there,

I don't think there's an extension for this type of menu, however check out look at his navigation bar and see if that's what you want, he is in the middle of writing the extension for the menu builder and gives detailed instructions on how to achieve this for now without the code.

Alternatively, you will need to look for a javascript or applet to get the desired effect. If your really stuck I can knock something up in flash 4 u. Let me know if you need more help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back