Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I create pop up Tool Tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinzilla

Technical User
Jan 1, 2001
US
I would like to have the little yellow tabs pop up when the user rolls over a link. Is Dreamweaver capable of this or is it an HTML issue? Either way I would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.

you can do it for pictures by clicking on the picture and filling in the words you want to appear in the "alt" field of the properties window. this will also put this word in the space of the picture if th page fails to load.

however i do not know how to do it for text in dreamweaver. i have tryed putting the HTML for this "alt" thing but that does not work. go to it will have the javascript for it there.

Instead of &quot;alt&quot; in your <a> tag, try using &quot;title&quot;, eg.

<a href=&quot;link.htm&quot; title=&quot;Like this?&quot;>test this</a>

Note that while this is supported for both text and pictures in IE5 (you'll have to test it on lower versions), neither will work in NN4 or less! NN6 seems to work ok on both accounts as well ...

Hope this helps ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back