Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I create Auth Codes? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MPH123

Programmer
Jan 28, 2004
GB
All,

We have a customer who wants a couple of DNs to only be able to access PSTN by using auth codes. All other times calls are to be restricted to internal & emergency nbrs only.
I have never set up auth codes before so would appreciate an idiots guide on how to do it.

Many Thanks
Jimbo

LD 88
NEW
AUB to define classes

NEW
AUT to define codes

LD 57
FFC
AUTH to define prefix to dial an aut code

You may need to point to a ran route when building the codes. If so, and you don't plan to use a RAN with authcodes, make a dummy route and trunk up and take it out later or use one of your other RANs as a dummy. I seem to recall I always have to enter something at RANR. If you do want to use a RAN to tell people they're not authorized to make the call I believe it's NBLK in LD 15 INT. If it's not NBLK then it's NRES.

When you build the AUB answering yes to ACLE will give you the opportunity of having someone dial the long distance number directly after AC1(2) from a restricted set and be given the chance to enter the authcode afterwards. It's either that or they enter SPRE-6, the code and then get dialtone to dial the number. Or you can use FFC I guess though I never do. I like the ACLE option.

The second to the last step in the AUB is to build the classes and their COS, NCOS and TGAR. That way you can have different codes do different things. Build a lot of classes just for the hell of it. It doesn't hurt and you're allowed 116 of them or something like that.

The last step is to let the system build the codes for you. After your last CLAS prompt you'll get an AUTO and answer yes. Then you'll get a NUBR. Put in 10 (if you only need a few) and then at CLAS put in one of the classes you built. You can build many for as many classes as you like.

If you run into an SPWD or SECR prompt try 0000.

The most important thing to remember is don't worry. You can build 1000 authcodes automatically and take them out as easily. You can't mess up or hurt anything. Out them simply by responding to REQ with an OUT first for the AUT and then for the AUB and you're back to where you started.

I hope this makes sense,

V

Guys,

Thanks for the info - there were auth codes already set up! So I have now printed the LD 88 info and
I have now added two more codes.
Is there anything I need to add/change on the phones to allow them to use the authcodes?
The FFC is already set up.

Again - many thanks
Jimbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back