Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I create an interactive queue in a local network?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacroScope

Programmer
Jul 17, 2010
US
I'm working with an insurance company running Access 2007 with a SQL Server backend in a 20 user network all housed within one building. We are interfacing a web form so that when a web customer submits information for a quote, it is sent straight to our Access database. The data is then inserted into a dedicated holding table. The scripting for all that is complete, and we now have an instantaneous Access update after web activity.

We would like to have a queue form (or possibly subform in an existing form) which will display the data stored in the holding table in real time. All representatives across the network would see the form, and as a given rep chooses one of those in the queue to deal with, it is removed from the holding table and consequently removed from the queue screen across the network. It will then be inserted into our active database, and the record appears on the rep's screen.

I'm not worried about the logic of moving it to our main db or having it appear on the chosen rep's screen. I'm only concerned with how to create an interactive queue that automatically updates to all users as a record is added or removed.

All assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back