Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do i create a VB Applet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

quovuz

Programmer
Oct 13, 2002
PH
How do i create a vb applet? i am not knowledgeable of Java so i tried searching the net for "creating VB Applets" but i cant see any information on how to create one.

closest thing you get to a applet is a activex control. Or you could use scriplettes. What are you trying to do?

i want my executable program to run on the web. my program allows me to select a category(via a combobox named cboCategory), which in turn, fills another combobox (named cboImages). when i select an item in cboImages, the picture should appear via an image control.

i cant do this in asp because im just a novice. i am not also very familiar with java.

i was able to create an active x control but it now gives me a path/file access error. btw, i am also using the ocx to retrieve the path of my images from a database before displaying the image.

further help/assistance would be gladly appreciated.

thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back