Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I create a new user/password in BC10

Status
Not open for further replies.

ciceronen

Technical User
Sep 17, 2002
SE
Hi
I'd like to know how I do to create a new user, that only have the right to read information (like isepp; SYEDP; OPCGP; and more) in a BC10. I would also like to know the differenses between a IPU and a NUI? What cables do I need to connect to the IPU/NUI cards?

To create a new user, you first have to pinpoint what kind of I/O board is used. The IPU has only 1 password for each login level (0, 1,2,... 7). Th NIU board uses Username / Password and can have several usernames for the same level. This also explayins the differences on login. It's more security. Also you have the Ethernet possibility for the NIU and the IPU hasn't.

Normaly all printcommands are available in level 1.

To create a new user:

IPU: IOPWC:AUTH=<login level>,PSW=<password>;
example: IOPWC:AUTH=1,PSW=SECRET;

niu: IOUAI:NAME=<username>,PSW=<password>,AUTH=<login level>;
example: IOUAI:NAME=LEVEL1USER,PSW=SECRET,AUTH=1;

To print:

IOPWP for IPU (passwords are shown).
IOUAP for NIU (passwords aren't shown).

NIU cable: TSR 902 0459/10000

Hi,

to give a user certain rights for certain commands, use the command iocap and you will see, in which class you can do which action. Then use iocac and rearrange the commands.

MB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back