Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I create a Multi-Line Report in Impromptu 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

swen17

Programmer
Jan 15, 2004
US
Hi,

I have a number of existing Impromptu reports. All have 12-13 data elements(columns). I need to add another 10-11 to each report and I would like to stay away from a sub-report if possible. Is there a way to implement these new items in the report on another indented line as some type of multi-line diplay for each record? Basically I've run out of room and can't make the fonts any smaller or increase the paper size. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Swen

The only way I can think to do this would be to create a group at the lowest level and place a new list frame in th egroup footer section. You can then place the new fileds in this list frame.

Gary

Gary Parker
MIS Data Analyst
Manchester, England

Gary,

That is Exactly the way to do it.

Dave G.

The Decision Support Group
Reporting Consulting with Cognos BI Tools
"Magic with Data"
[pc2]
Want good answers? Read FAQ401-2487 first!

Gary/Dave

Thanks for the help guys, I really appreicate it!

Swen

Hi guys,

I don't get it really :)

How to do this?

"...to create a group at the lowest level..."

Thanks

fuhbar

imagine you had a list report which diplayed a list of customer addresses, you would not normalyy need to group a report like this, but if you create a group on customer number, you coul dthen use this technique to place extra details fields in the customer group footer.

Gary

Gary Parker
MIS Data Analyst
Manchester, England

Gary

one last question:
I got the following for example:

row 1-2:

ColumnTitle1 / ColumnTitle2
Value1 / Value2
ColumnTitle3
Value3

row3-4:

Value1 / Value2
ColumnTitle3
Value3

and so on...

ColumnTitle3 and Value3 are generated in a new list form in the footer.

How do I get the ColumnTitle1 / ColumnTitle2 in each row?

TiA

To repeat the column titles for each new row you would need to place them in a new List frame as you did with the extra fields.

This time create a new list frame in the group header and place the fields in there. You can then hide the details line and column title header form the report if necessary.

Gary

Gary Parker
MIS Data Analyst
Manchester, England

Glad to Help

Gary Parker
MIS Data Analyst
Manchester, England

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor