Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I create a document library in a virtual directory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gumbolia

Technical User
Nov 6, 2003
US
Hi all, Pretty new at this, My sharepoint team page is in the default web site. I am trying to create a document library in a virtual directory I have created pointing to my data drive for backup purposes. Any suggestions or help would be great. Thanks again, Gumby

Alright, find "Documents" and click that link.

On the next page, you'll see a link that says "Create Document Library" - it will be above any existing document libraries, if there, to the right of the menu bar on the left, and below the heading "Your site name" and a large "Documents and Lists".

I have no problem with that part, but sharepoint allways puts the library in the root of the default web. I want to have it created in a virtual directory created in the default web. When I create a document library there is no place to specify where to create it in. this is my delema, I want to create it in a different directory other than the default.

Hmm, I would imagine that is more on the "real admin" side for lack of a better term. Maybe that is where you are, but I do not have access to some settings although I am an admin on our SharePoint site at work.

If you have an department or individual over that sort of item, then I would suggest you see if you can request a change in such settings. But I do not think it can be done from the default site admin access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back