Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I create a desktop icon for my program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChuckTaylor

Programmer
Mar 10, 2004
US
I created a 32x32 bmp which I converted to ico format and then applied to all the forms in the project. The 16x16 version of the ico image shows up fine in all the forms.

However, I cannot find any options for the desktop icon, and the install packaging program gives no option to create a desktop icon.

How do I create a desktop icon? I just need a good key word to look up, and I can figure out the details from there.

I'm not sure this is what you're looking for, but to set the icon for the exe you can go to the Project-Properties menu and on the Make tab set the Icon property there. You can then create a shortcut to the program which will have the same icon.

Doh!! I looked right past that option. Thanks a lot bud, works perfect.

I you are using the PDW then you will have to modify the 'Setup1' VB project to add a desktop icon. I was never able to find out how, to be honest I never looked very hard. Instead I swithced to INNO setup ( that has the feature as an option and is free.

There are other installation packages that you can turn to as well.

zemp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back