Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I create a custom SetUP for my application? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramani

Programmer
Mar 15, 2001
AE
Using Inno Setup, the distribution setup can be made easier. The details are provided under this FAQ.

How do I create a custom SetUP for my application?
faq184-4429

ramani,

Very nice freeware alternative. Star for you. Thanks for taking the time.

Slighthaze = NULL
[sub]craig1442@mchsi.com[/sub][sup]
"Whom computers would destroy, they must first drive mad." - Anon​
[/sup]

Thanks and welcome Slighthaze. :)

I am using VFP7. In the FAQ example for using ramani example with innosetup and istools .... do you know what needs to be added to the script to include the VFP ODBC. With the Install shield you can use the merge file .... don't know how to add the odbc driver using InnoSetup.

ramani

Is this an update to the FAQ you already had out there?

I referrenced it a while back to build a install using Inno setup. I found the product pretty easy to use and a very light-weight / quick installer.

The only drawback is that is not a true windows installer so it does not handle merge module (msm / msi) files. Therefore, you need to know exactly which files to distribute. Since I usually include the C++ merge modules, XML merge module, and I don't have a clue to what is contained in them - I found it did not fit my specific needs.

However, for those looking just to install VFP (or other apps) it is a nice installer and priced right - FREE.

Jim Osieczonek
Delta Business Group, LLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back