Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I copy Site??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kat37

Technical User
Jan 7, 2002
US
I am in litigation with another company of the content of my website and I need to make a copy of the entire site to bring to the laywers. How do I go about making a copy that will function just as it does on the itnernet??
Thank you
Kerrie

make a copy of all the files and change the links relative to the document....it will work only for non-dynamic pages!
All the best!

> need more info?
:: don't click HERE ::

I have the FTP since I mainatin the site in house. How would I go about that??
Thanks

So do you have a local copy as well? If so - can't you just copy that over to a CD or do you use absolute hyperlinks? If so you would need to change them to relative as lebisol pointed out.

If you do not have a local copy, sign in via an FTP program. If you do not have one - you can use IE (ftp:// and then it should ask you for your user name password. You should see your site - maybe you might need to go to the But then you can download your site.

If IE is not configured to be an FTP program, go to Tools - Internet Options - Advanced Tab & check Enable folder view for FTP sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back