Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I copy 1 window with 3 DW's to another window

Status
Not open for further replies.

baxtersl

Programmer
Jan 19, 2001
US
There is a window with a list of userid's (PK) to select from, with several command buttons (one being an open, and the main one "clone"). When opened there is a window with 1 DW that displays the userid that was selected and other general info, then a 2nd DW that displays a set of ID's for that user and a 3rd DW that displays a different set of ID's but not linked to the 2nd DW. Now when "clone" is clicked, I want a window with basically all the same info that would have been displayed from the userid that was selected had the window just been opened , BUT I want the userid to be blank so they have to insert a new unique userid. Then when saved, it will save as the userid they put in, with the exact same info in DW 1, DW 2 and 3 and have the userid they originally "cloned" from still there. What I have working is.....the new userid is saved fine with the same informaton brought in in the top 1 DW, but it is not saving the bottem 2 DW.

goto the toolbar click library find what window you want to copy then paste it in your pbl application... i hope im right

Is the data being stored in one table? multiple tables? How are dw2 & dw3 populated when the user 'clones' them?
On first glance it sounds like you need to check the row status of dw2 and dw3 so the proper insert statement is generated when you update them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back