Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I convert wingdings to a diff Font 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alritter

IS-IT--Management
Aug 21, 2001
US
I have a a word doc that was changed to wingdings. When I Highlight the text and select a different font I get boxes. Is there a way to convert it to readable text?

I tried that and it does not work.

Dreamboat I am not being a smart a$$ but why would you have to see the document to know how to change it?

Because I have no clue what the problem is. You're telling me you cannot change the font to a useable font. You said "I tried that and it does not work."

How can you try to change the font to something that DOESN'T reside on your PC?

Word could be changing the font
You might not have a "good" Wingdings font file
There could be any number of reasons...

Basically, I'd rather see the file than spend lots of time going back and forth online here... Anne Troy
Word and Excel Macros
Coming soon: wX

Just a simple question, but are you sure it really is a word document? It could be a file with characters outside the standard alphanumeric ASCII sequence.

Just a shot in the dark but I have worked with some applications that when you reduce the display colors to 16 it may make the change.
maurice

Just a shot in the dark but I have worked with some applications that when you reduce the display colors to 16 bit it may make the change.
maurice

Since I don't know the priviledge settings on the file itself, select all, copy, then paste into NotePad. That should strip off all the miscellaneous crap.

Now, change the font, see what happens.

I would have suggested renaming a copy of Arial to WingDing.TTF, but since it won't work in XP, I have no idea if it would work for you.

SteveBausch

That Worked.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back