Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how do I convert drop shadow to spot colour eps file in X3

Status
Not open for further replies.

roo123

Technical User
Jun 5, 2007
GB
I have a logo with white text with a drop shadow, behind that,white line drawing (vector)and a green backrgound behind the lot. The job has to be printed 2 colour.
I cant get the shadow to look correct when exporting to eps. even when I seperate the drop shadow, and convert to duotone.

I am guessing you won't as drop shadows usually have several variations of the shadow color. If you are trying to do two color, white and green, there would most likely need to be some black to properly render the "shade" portions of the shadow. If you are printing on white paper, you might get by with black and green as your two colors, but make sure you are doing "no fill" and not selecting white as your fill color. If set on a white background, this will look correct, however, if set over a different color (or if you are using the white fill to "block out" portions of the green, you might have to do some serious reworking of your graphic - as your "no fill" will show the green parts you were trying to cover.

One last thoguht, if there are any options to get around using EPS, this may help you somewhat. The biggest limit is going to be in your use of duo-tone - only two colors

Hope that gets you pointed in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back