Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how do i connect external paging to 0*32 nortel system

Status
Not open for further replies.

bahtech

Programmer
Jan 28, 2005
BS
i am unable to connect an external paging system to to a 0*32 need help

bahtech,
It depends on what type of paging scheme your installing. If it is a Valcom setup with speakers and no zones you would use the Black/Slate pair off the second Amp tail off the KSU,same for a Bogen setup without zones. If you are going with a setup that requires zones, then you will need to come off one of the CO lines off the LS/DS card out to the zone unit and then to the amp and out to the speakers. Zone units need the CO type to get the DTMF needed for the confirmation tone,and then you enter the zone number you want to page.
Dmac,

there is a expansion module on the 0*32 system does that mean that my connectionfor the paging is in the second amphenol of the extentions

It would be the second station Amp off the core cabinet. Not an expansion module. If you look in the FAQ's of this site it shows the wiring break down of an MICS.
Dmac,

rtfm as they say ...its quite informative

ski season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back