Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I connect an external modem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hipster

Technical User
Aug 2, 2001
US
Hello or help! Both, running win98se and trying to connect and use a Hayes Accura 96 + FAX96 external modem. It connects to LPT1 port but I cannot get it to work. Any help or thoughts would be great!

Hayes is Long Gone, LPT1 modems never caught on, and 9600 is terrible 56k is about $30 how badly does it need to be THIS modem? The one thing you can't give for your heart's desire is your heart. - Lois McMaster Bujold

Thanks for the response, It's just one we had from a "couple" of years ago and the boss is a penny pincher. I would like to try it out if possible. Any steps would be appreciated.
Jeff

Time for a New boss, the days of research to find Hayes drivers, make custom cables, wasted long distance fees and having to support Win 3.1 OS will kill the 'savings' of not buying a modem dead. The one thing you can't give for your heart's desire is your heart. - Lois McMaster Bujold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back