Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I configure netscape on an RS/6000

Status
Not open for further replies.

skiddy

Technical User
Aug 3, 2000
AU
I have setup a RS/6000 C20 with a graphics display and I ahve loaded all of the 5.0L doccumentation and run the configassist to setup the online doccumentation. I am having problems with the Netscape communicator no finding the server name defined. Can anyone point me in the right direction for configuration files etc.

The online documentation is generaly used "localy" ... you can configure your HTTP server to acces the documentation via any browser. But it's not your Netscape that has to be configured. If you install everything you will have a HTTPdLITE web server. Usualy it's better to install the IBM HTTPServer that comes on the Bonus pack.
Try this:
- veryfy your hostname (hostname -s)
- get your hosts resolution to work (/etc/hosts) ... so when you enter host <you_hostname> you get the right IP.
- edit httpd.conf in /usr/HTTPServer/conf/ ... to change the line ServerName
after that, it's all about html.

BTW, you can copy the navigational folder from the documentation CD, and point your webserver to one of the &quot;nav&quot; files.

To activate the Search engine, you need to install IMNSearch I believe.
From your netscape browser try to acces
Have fun !
:eek:)

Thanks it has fixed my problem had forgoten to reboot or refresh the daemons but after rebooting it all works ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back