Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I clear or disconnect a Web Browser Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

MelissaT

Programmer
May 16, 2002
US
I am using the Microsoft Web Browser Active X control to display a web page, based on information from the form. However, when I go to the next record the old data still appears. I know that I can just redirect the control after switching records, but i really don't want to display the page unless the user needs to see the info. I am currently changing the visible property on the control in the On Current Event, which does stop the problem, but I'd rather just set the value of the web browser control to show nothing or maybe a default html page that I create and put on our server. I've tried setting to null and I've tried putting in a path and file name for a default web page, but it just says Object doesn't support this property or method.

Melissa
Designing Access databases since 1999

What is your actual code ?
I'd use the about:blank URL

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

I just put in
Me.WebBrowser1.Navigate "about:blank" and it blanks out the web control, though I think I may rather want to put in a default page that I create. So, I just tried putting in the file name again and this time it worked. I must have had a type the first time I tried it. Sorry. Thank you for the about:blank thought. I'm sure I'll use it somewhere else.

Melissa
Designing Access databases since 1999

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back