Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I change the windows 98 startup splash screen? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ringring7

IS-IT--Management
Nov 1, 2001
NZ
How do I change the windows 98 startup splash screen? (not windows 95-thats easy!)

No, their trouble is they didn't bother to read those directions or they just didn't understand them I don't know. Those directions ARE for both 95 AND 98 unlike what they think. The splash screen is logo.sys in the root of C:. If there's no logo.sys present in the root of C then the system will use the splash screen embedded in the io.sys file. If you create the splash screen as those directions say and save it as logo.sys in the root of C: as those directions say then windows will use that as the splash screen.

"THE END" meant thanks for your help, Ive got it done ringring, ringring, ringring, ringring, ringring, ringring, ringring, .....nobody home. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back