Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I change the user's "from" address?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdminGJU

Technical User
Dec 7, 2004
BE
When one of our users was set up, she was given an email/internet address that did not have a capital letter for the first name and surname, so her "from" name is always sent out completely in lower case. She wants it changed.

The person document was changed to the correct format, but all emails she sends still have her name sent in lower case.

Where else should it be changed? Is it something to do with the ID file, I do not know where Notes goes to to obtain the "from" address.

I am sure that deleting and re-adding her will solve the problem, but it is a bit drastic for something so trivial (to me at least).

Although probably not relevant, her "title" in Domino Administrator shows her name in lower case, whereas all the other users have a capital letter at the start of the first and surname.

Thanks

By "from" address do you mean the header information on her e-mails.

If this is the case

Click on Tools
Preferences

and reselect or type her newly formatted name in the "This mail file belongs to" field.

This is for version 5

Hope this helps :)

Thank you very much, that worked and saved a lot of time by not having to delete and re-add the user.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back