Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I change the names for the auto attendant... 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

KMCGRATH

Technical User
Mar 18, 2004
US
...on our Audix system? x666 is the auto attendant extension and x555 is for option 1 off of it. Right now we have it set up for the first three letters of the first names of the employees, but we want to change it to the first three letters of the last names because some of the new employees have the same first names.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Im not sure of your specific question, but if you want to change how the Intuity matches names, you will have to change the name field of each user. Last name first, first name last. My name would like this: "mn, thephone

I think we are going to keep the first names first. However, does each person with an extension need to record their name announcement for this to work properly? Also, do I need to have first names first for each name listed with an extension in Audix?

Audix searches by the letters PRE-ceeding the comma, so if you put first name, last name for some, and last name, first name for others it will search for matches both ways. If it finds more than one match it will play the name recording of each user for caller to select from. Make sure users record their full names clearly.
If you have 10 users named John Wong, well, it will be interesting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back