Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I change the foxpro look? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Using VFP5, I created a FoxPro EXE file that consist of one .PRG and one form. When I run the EXE file the default FoxPro window appears and the form runs from the default FoxPro window. I want just the form to appear on the screen if possible. is there a way to do this either from the command line or CONFIG.FPW?

To hide the main Foxpro window there is a clear explanation on how to do this in the help file.

VFP 5.0: Online Documentation -> Developer's Guide -> Part 3: Creating the Interface -> Chapter 9: Creating Forms -> Hiding the Main Visual FoxPro Window

VFP 6.0: Help File -> Using Visual FoxPro -> Programmer's Guide -> (Part 3:) Creating the Interface -> (Chapter 9:) Creating Forms -> Hiding the Main Visual FoxPro Window

Rick

_screen.visible=.f. -> Hiding the Main Visual FoxPro Window

_screen.visible=.t.

Another simple way is to pass the -T parameter to the FoxPro Executable. I use the following all the time.
Example: Myapplication.exe -T -Cmyconfig.fpw

-T tells FoxPro not to show the FoxPro Logo
-C tells FoxPro to use the following file for configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back