Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I change my IP address? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CINC

Programmer
Oct 30, 2001
US
I am working with an Apache server on Windows ME, and first, I don't know my computer's address on the internet (IP address?) and second, I would like to change it. What can I do?

Come up with a new domain name its taken already
IP Address : 216.85.125.174
Hostname : bryan.com

A Printing company.
Route once; switch many

estyle77,

Do you mean the IP address specified in your TCP/IP settings for DNS server? Otherwise your question makes no sense.

If you're using a windows machine, you're using the windows TCP/IP stack, and therefore you need to use windows to change this setting.

Perhaps more info on what you're trying to accomplish might help us?

Go to Glen A. Johnson
Microsoft Certified Professional
gjohn76351@msn.com
"Don't take a fence down until you know why it was put up".
Robert Frost (1874 - 1963); U.S. poet.

their's this kid on aol instant messenger who directly connected with me and i agreed because i thought he was goin to send me a pic and instead he got my IP address and i think some UR (i donno what that is) but if anyone can give me some advise to change my IP or what to do because this is not my computer it is my friends.

thnx

I have a cable modem and I can't change my IP. CAn someone tell me how?

How do you echo your IP?

I got a router that says I have a different IP, but everyone recognizes me.

i have a cable modem and my ip is static
how do i change the ip ?
ive tried ipconfig /release and /renew but it just assignes my old ip :(

i can unplug the modem for like 2 hours and it will change but i dont wanna wait that long heh

help me pretty please with sugar on top 8)

Changing IP?

Depends on your ISP and connection type. Try to contact your Internet provider, and ask them... In the command window: Try ipconfig /renew, or ipconfig /release...

Alternatively: Set up an open source Firewall (for instance (Download for free)) on a designated pc. It will run nicely on a Pentium 200 with 64MB RAM.
Your pc will be effectively hidden from everyone not specifically allowed access.

:)

Help! I need to know how to change my ip address... I have a dial-up modem and I have windows 98.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back