Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do i change music sourse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich875421

IS-IT--Management
Feb 22, 2006
GB
Still a new boy with Symposium and currently using default music. I know I can attach a CD player to the Meridian but how do I then tell the Meridain and Symposium of this new source?

Regards

You need to build a music route in the PBX (LD 16) a music trunk (LD 14); then you can reference that music route in a script; might be a bit more complicated if you are on an Option 81 or Option 61 if you don't have music broadcast, because then you need a trunk in each network loop.

You also should be aware about the copyright laws and using CDs.

That doesn't sound easy, any chance of a walkthrough? How does it know the route to the CD player?

You cross connect the TN that you built in LD 14 to the CD player. If you are not that familiar with PBX programming, it is best to have your vendor do it; you would need to find out if you have music broadcast, if you don't have music broadcast, where your conference loops are, where your XUT cards are, if you have any available ports on the XUT card, none of these are a real big deal, but if you aren't familiar with what to look for and how to do basic PBX programming, can be a bit too much to do a walk through.

Unless you buy an "industrial" CD player that is good to run 24/7 it will not last very long. we took the easier option of buying a "music on hold" CD of royalty free stuff then ditigising it to a PCMCIA card (Actaully a 64MB compact flash card in a PCMCIA adapter) that plugs into the RAN card.

I can't talk you through how that card was referenced as the new source as our Comms maintainer did the reprogramming but i thought i'd tell about the PCMCIA thing as it is a cheaper and more stable solution.

Once you get that music source working, you need to make the appropriate scripting changes in Symposium.

In addition to changing the route number in the script (or in the variable, depending on how your system is configured), you can use the Event Handler to play that same music if the agent puts a call on hold. Otherwise, it will play whatever music is programmed against the route.

The Event Handler must be the first command in the script (after your comments, before anything else):

EVENT HANDLER
EVENT Call On Hold: GIVE MUSIC xx (music route #)
END HANDLER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back