Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I blank cells that haven't been calculated yet.. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

proflola

IS-IT--Management
Jul 29, 2000
US
Hello,

I have formula that calculates on each row. I would like to copy the formula down several rows, however the last value stays in the rows that have no data to calculate.

Sample:

Income Expense Balance
2200 1100 1100 (formula: =a2-b2)
500 600 (formula: =c2-b2)
600 (formula: =c3-b3)
I once had a formula that would make the value "0" until values were added. I can't remember how I did it. Do you have any ideas?

--Sandy

Hi,

[tt]
if(isblank(a2),"",a2-b2)
[/tt]

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red][/red]
[tongue][/sub]

NEVERMIND....I figured it out myself...

=IF(ISBLANK(B6),0,(C5-B6))

----Sandy

Skip,

Thanks for your response. At least now, I also know how to blank the cell, too.

:) Sandy

CAVEAT:

Entering formulas in unused rows creates a nuisance when printing. Use your AutoFilter to filter out the empty rows.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red][/red]
[tongue][/sub]

Have a look at Tools > Options then go to the Edit tab and check the Extend list formats and formulas.

Assuming that you autofill at least 4 rows with the formula, then it will automatically appear when the feeder cells are populated.

[tt]_____
[blue]-John[/blue][/tt]
[tab][red]The plural of anecdote is not data[/red]

Help us help you. Please read FAQ181-2886 before posting.

anotherhiggins said:
Have a look at Tools > Options then go to the Edit tab and check the Extend list formats and formulas.

Assuming that you autofill at least 4 rows with the formula, then it will automatically appear when the feeder cells are populated.

Good Call ... Thanks John!

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.
Energy Efficient Building Network LLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back