Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I best get a standalone installation???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oznecniv

Technical User
Jun 23, 2002
AU
I have developed a large A97 database and have successfully converted to A2K. I now need to distribute as a standalone package. Do I buy the developer edition of Office 2K or go straight to Office 2K2, since from what I've read it will package Office 2K code.???

Once packaged with developer O2K or O2K2, is the standalone application dependant on anything to do with Office, for example would it run on a machine without office installed or with say office95 installed ???

Thanx in advance
Oz

Not sure to your first question as to the differences but what you need to scour the MS web site for is the Microsoft Access Runtime.

The answer to the second question is yes, it is then completely separated from the Office suite and your installation will work with or without those products on the client pc.

Hope this helps,

Spence

Excellent information, an extremely big Than You !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back