Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I bend a layer??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingmarl

Programmer
Mar 22, 2001
GB
I have a comany logo which is basicly on a long rectangle, on the image I want this to be a line all the way across the screen, but bending towards the top of the page... How the Heck do I bend a line???

I must be able to bend the layer that is there, rather than drawing it bent... Because of the logo in the middle.

Please help... I know photoshop Very Well... But this is one thing I've never needed before... Please Help!!

Luvvinit.... Bob

----------------------------------------
Don't forget to visit for some banging new music from DJ Cumback

which version of ophotoshop u got ??

in 6 there tools for the text that do allsorts of crazy bitz n' pices.
Manic
-----------------------------
I've broken it again !!
-----------------------------
lee.gale@virgin.net

If it is a grouped logo try playing with Transform....distort...perspectice..skew....

If it is just text and you are using 6.0......play with thex text warp tool located on the options bar....it gives you lots of control over the vert and horz as well as preset bends and warps...

dig it

No, It's a little more tricky than Just the perspective, etc.

I have a logo, about the length of your average banner, there is some text at one side, then I want the right hand side to curve towards the top of the image. (Like, round a corner!)

Is there any way of ploting a path, and then bending it at certain points???

It's realy doing my head in because every person I know who uses photoshop has always had the same problem... But there is a way to do it... we just cant figure out how! ----------------------------------------

Just a sugestion could the tex t
be done in illistrator or freehand or corel
then import into photoshope
Greg
X-)

Aggggggghhhhhhhhh.

NO NO NO!!!!

Sorry, I don't mean to sound rude... But I am NOT bending the text... I'm bending the banner.

I know how to do the text effects, etc... I don't know how to bend the contents of a raster layer. ----------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back