Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I backup my Outlook files and restore on another machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mman74

MIS
Aug 10, 2001
HK
I need to backup my Outlook files and restire them on another machine. This is probably a really common question that some of you may have answered a hundred times. Thanks very much.

THIS HAS WORKED IN OUTLOOK 97 - I HAVE NOT CHECKED IT WITH OUTLOOK 2000

Make copies of your OST and PST files (as well as any personal files- details of which you can find in your profile setup).

Copy them to the second machine, recreate your profile and point the details to the files you have just copied over.

Start Outlook.

Hello,
You could go to and download a program called OUTBACK Plus (utility is designed to make it easy to create a backup or archive file of your Personal Folder Information from Microsoft Outlook™ 97, 98, 2000 and ).

Enjoy

What we do is have all out outlook users store their personal folders on a network server that is backed-up by the network people each night.

The outlook desktop client simply points outlook to the .pst file on the server.

This seems to work quite well and adds no discomfort to the end user.

Will supply instructions if requested.

Much Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back