Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I backup/copy all word settings? 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredrik85

Technical User
Jan 11, 2007
SE
How do I copy or backup all settings in word? For forexample cusumized toolbars and the autocorrection list.

//Fredrik Holmberg

The things you mentioned are in Normal.dot. Backup that file.

Word settings are held in many places.
[ul][li]Toolbar customization can be held in and template or document[/li]
[li]Formatted autocorrects are held in Normal.dot[/li]
[li]Unformatted autocorrects are held in .acl files (varying by Word version)[/li]
[li]Autotexts can be held in any template[/li]
[li]Many settings are held in the registry[/li]
[li]Many others are held in Normal.dot[/li]
[li]Some toolbar settings (Word 2000 and later) are held in .pip files[/b][/li][/ul]

Microsoft provide some help - see
For Autocorrects, see
For autotext, consider Jay Freedman's Autotext Dumper and Loader utilities - see

Enjoy,
Tony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to help you; help us to do it by reading this: Before you ask a question.

Professional Office Developers Association

Does anyone know where usercreated keyboard shortcuts i stored?

Be sure to check your SAVE SETTINGS in OPTIONS this will help you to know "where" some of your files are being saved - unless you have forced a document to be saved some other place - for example - a template on a server.

SD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back