Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I auto alert a mailing list about a web update

Status
Not open for further replies.

nvemuri

Technical User
Oct 10, 2005
US
Hi,

I'm new to the Sharepoint programming world and I have a question about auto-updates. What I would like to do is have the website send out an auto-update to a mailing list as and when a user updates the web-page, say with a bulletin or a news item. Would really appreciate any help on this.

thanks in advance,
-Navin

Dont know if it helps, but if by auto updates you mean alert users, I setup a user for that purpose only, logged in as that user, set up the alert for the News area, then forwarded all email that was from the email address my alerts come from to a distribution list. I chose not to forward all email incase someone replied.

There is also a web part (from Jan Tielens i believe) that allows an Admin user to setup alerts on behave of others.

Mabye it can help you... you'll have to search for it yourself though, dont have time for that now ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back