Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I assign private number to a Contact Center phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwoerner

Technical User
Aug 31, 2005
US
I have a skillset for our Help Desk and have a need to assign private extensions to each phone logged into the skillset and not have the numbers follow the call center flow and ring only on the assigned phone. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks

If you mean DID numbers, just build a target line and assign that target line to the phone. Lines that are assigned to the phone aren't affected by whether the phone is logged into a skillset or no.

Correct me if I'm wrong but there are no private exts. there private lines, but I need more info to help you out.

And there not private lines, there just assigned to a phone and not to others.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Hello, I work with KWoerner. I did build a target line with the DID number and assign to a phone in the Call Center and it answered fine, but the next test call went to another idle call center phone?!

Is that line setup in Call Pilot Manager to be answered by the skillset?? I would double check that.

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

The line is not set to be answered by the skillset.!? You can answer it, but the next call to the line goes to another idle phone in the skillset?!

What is the prime set on the target line set to? Only way I can see that happening is if the prime set was a CDN, or the phone was set to CFB to a CDN.

I agree with biv. Try putting multiple appearances of the line.

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

you can try making a target ln. private to the ext. or do some kind of HG set-up...

To all that responded.....this is the first time in years that I've used this forum, as I'm getting back into hands- on work. Thanks for all the replies!! A great forum!! Anyway, the problem I had was due to incorrect programming in our Nortel PBX and the PRI feeding the BCM. We made some changes in the CDP and all is well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back