Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I allow Meridian Mail AutoAttendant to dial external numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 31, 2004
US
Right now it is set to dial extensions which works fines. If I change one of the extensions to my cell phone number it says the call cannot be completed at this time. I am putting a 9 first.

Option 61C

Is there a straight forward way to allow external forwarding?

Thnaks

Does your NCOS on your Meridian Mail Agents allow outbound calls? If ti does then your problem is more than likely in a RPL

I'm sorry for being naive on that. I understand the print command but how do I know how to print out the mail agents? What is the syntax?

Try e.g.

>LD 20
REQ: PRT
TTPE: SL1 (or 2008)

SL1 would have been for Meridian Mail sets and 2008 tend to be for Call Pilot but can also print out 2008 digital phone as well.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Thanks! I afraid I might need a little more guidance as I've never even looked at these TN's before. It looks like I have 7 TN's associated with my Meridian Mail system and I see the NCOS is 2 on all of them. I also see the first thing in CLS is CTD...does that need to be changed?

I changed the NCOS to 7 on the first TN and also changed the CTD to UNR Did a test and still got message call could not be completed at this time.

Do I need to make changes to all 7 TN's and if so what should the NCOS be and do I need to make changes in the CLS?

What you need to be aware of is the problem of Dial through Fraud. Your Mail Agents will probably have an NCOS set to a table in LD 49 that denies most outgoing numbers. It should also has a CLS setting of CTD or TLD.

In order for outgoing calls to be made. you will either need to change the NCOS setting on the Mail Agent TN's to be a table with more access or change the existing table that the Mail Agents uses to allow certain numbers to be dialled out.

Please use this with caution as this is one of the ways that hackers use to dial out.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back