Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I add a NEW LTO drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 26, 2002
US
Hello,

I need some assistance, I have a new LTO drive in a powervault 136T and the OS level sees the new drive however, Netbackup does not see the drive to add to it's inventory. I have tried to add it, but the drive is not there to add according to netbackup.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Steve

Does netbackup see the robotics control? This should show up as: DELL PV-136T (Changer0).

What version of NetBackup DataCentre are you using?

When you add the new drive are you selecting 1/2" cartridge (HCART) as the drive type?

Yes, Netbackup sees the robotic control. I am running Netbackup 4.5 MP2, and yes I am selecting 1/2" HCART.

Steve

When you go to add the drive, do you select the robotics device at the bottom first? If so, does anything show in the drives area when you browse?

If you do not see it, you may have a problem with a cable, bent SCSI pin, incorrect drive type as the PV136T supports DLT and LTO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back