Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I add a name after the drive letter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotfusion

Technical User
Jan 20, 2001
GB
I run a system with multiple partitions ( on win.98 SE ) and would find it very useful to be able to add a description to each drive after the drive letter. It's been a few months now and I still haven't remembered what drives are used for what! ( probably the onset of senile dementia ) Thanks for any advice on this. Andy.

It is very simple to do this. Right click the drive letter in windows explorer, scroll down to RENAME. The space along side the drive letter is ready for the name. Just type it in and then hit RETURN and it is done.

Steven Walker
strider@paradise.net.nz

Brainbench MVP Computer Technician

Thanks,guys,I knew it had to be that simple!-Andy.

With this there are always more than one way to do something. Either way Andy will do just fine.

Jim that is the long way now.....you should know that..

Steven Walker
strider@paradise.net.nz

Brainbench MVP Computer Technician

Actually, there is no Rename option on the right-click menu in Windows Explorer. So Jim's method would be correct....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back