Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I activate call forward remotely?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brgf11

Technical User
Feb 19, 2004
GB
Hi Troops,

We have a customer who wants an immediate call forward activated on a fax line. I am not at site. I have put efd/eht, but this is not acceptable to the customer.
How do I activate an immediate callforward on a POTS line?
Pls advise any CLS & FTR changes required.

Also for digital phones too (May as well, as I am asking....)

Thanks in advance.

Jimbo

It's a user feature to do a call forward all calls with the flexible features code "CFWA". The TN only need a "FTR CFW 12"

The feature "Remote call forward" requires that you have DISA (direct inward system access), in order for you to access it from an outside line. The rest of it is easy, but DISA allows the very good possible of hacking and is rarely used and not reccommended.

Have them turn of the fax line and call fwd no answer.

I prefer to turn the DN into an ACD with max p=1 and night call fwd to the number you want it to go to.

NARSBARS

This is how i do it. Create the DISA activate the remote call forward and delete the DISA. Or create the DISA with a password.

As TedSobo said "DISA allows the very good possible of hacking and is rarely used and not reccommended."
DISA is an open door with a welcome sign.
The DISA solution will work but you will keep hearing the warnings from experienced techs.

NARSBARS

Narsbars your are completly right with the DISA and the hacking.

Jimbo, see my reply of 17 July for step by step procedure for remote call forward (w/o disa).

If you have access to the switch and they want it right away
try FTR DCFW nn x...x
nn = max number of digits dcfw dn (valid entries are 4,8,12,16,20,24,28,31

x...x = dcfw dn

If outside number be sure to add cls-cfxa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back