Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I access my voice mail 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

loco10465

Programmer
Oct 26, 2004
US
How do I access my voice mail on my callpilot when I'm
the road ?

Thanks

Thanks bkrike! I have the docs, but could not find this
answer. While on the subject, is there a way of having
callpilot call my cell phone when I receive a voice mail.

Thanks

Yes. In your documents CD PDF go to:
voice messaging/ reference guide
then read up on Off-premise Message Notification.

There are other factors involved such as outdialing channels and restrictions that may require your vendors assistance.

To listen to your messages when on the road, just call your own phone. When you hear yourself giving the usual "not at my desk" hit ** (that is the star key twice). It should tell you to "please enter your mailbox number and your password". Careful though if you are using a cell phone. If the "star" tone goes through broken up, to the system it may sound like multiple star keys. Then you won't get the proper announcement. Just keep trying til you get in. With my crappy Cingular service, I have had to hit the double star up to 15 tries before it finally goes in.
As to being notified, your mailbox has to have that enabled first, then you need to set it up. Works great.

As a follow up to this thread....we've had this problem xnt30 mentioned where it's really hard for a cell phone to send "**" through so that the user can access voicemail. Does anyone know of a solution for this?

My KSU/software - MDR5 ENG/SP
Startalk Voicemail

Thanks in advance.

biketech
you are sol your vm is never going to do what you want and should have been replaced when you stopped using windows 95...the problem has gotten worse since everyone is on a digital network for cell phones and since we can have the most god awlful phone conversations we assume that we can still pass the dtmf tones no problem...not going to happen and will only get worse on that vm...

If i lived in colorado i would be skiing already.But i dont so its a long 4 weeks till opening day.

The best work around for the ** cell problem is to have your voice mail CALL your cell phone for new messages. I think (I hope I am right??) that when it calls you, you will not have to hit the ** but it just asks for your mailbox number and password. For some reason, I have all kinds of problems with the **, but once past that, the other DTMF's don't have any problems when entering the mailbox and passwords. But for the ** problem, I play with hitting different number of stars like just 1 or 3 or sometimes I hit it about 8 or 9 times in a row and sometimes one of those combinations works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back