Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I? 1.Save copy to a Floppy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cardone

Technical User
Mar 25, 2002
US
How do I?
1.Save copy to a Floppy on Pagemaker 5?

2. Can I upgrade to the latest Pagemaker software from PM 5?

Thank you,
William A. Sorocco
brandon@michiana.org

Hi

First save the file on your hard disk and then you use the copy command to save it to the floppy. IF you use some fonts that are not standard copy the fonts also to the floppy as well as the used photos, bitmaps or any other placed art if you want to take it to another computer or a printer.
I think you must upgrade first to 6.5 and then you can upgrade to 7, but i'm not sure

hope this helps
grillhouse

Grillhouse is correct to first save to HD then copy to floppy... if you try to save to floppy you will end up with corrupted documents.

You can upgrade from vs 5 or better to 7.0. If you have a vs prior to vs 5, then you need to locate a legal copy of 6.5 on eBay and use that to upgrade. Adobe PM upgrades are all COMPLETE copies. You do not even need to have the prior version installed to upgrade, all you need is the license.

Hope this helps When in doubt, deny all terms and defnitions.

I upgraded from aldus pagemaker 4.0 to adobe pagemaker 6.5 so you do not have to have a more current version. I did have to load aldus when I upgraded and it did require the aldus numbers

You do have to save to a c file and then copy to a from there.

tiffie

The Adobe site says you need a previous verion on same platform for upgrade to 7.0. That is wide open, and one would assume it means any vs back to Aldus PM? I have heard of problems from 4 to 7. If you decide to try it, let us know. I would be happy to stand corrected! When in doubt, deny all terms and defnitions.

Thank you for your replies. I need to know the steps to copy to the floppy. After I go to edit and copy the material,what are the next steps to copy the material to the floppy.
Thank you,
Cardone

Right Click on the file in Windows Explorer, and click Send To Floppy (A). If the file is larger than 1.4 M you will have problems. When in doubt, deny all terms and defnitions.

Hello,
You just need to be a register user of Pagemaker to upgrade. One you need a serial number. If the old serial number is not reconized when you install you will need to call adobe support for an updated serial number.
One thing you need to remember you may not be able to open older versions so Pagemaker files in the New version (except Pagemaker 6.5 should be flawless without problems) But I have found that going back as far as version 4 will open in my pagemaker 7 with no problems. Just keep in mind that if the doc has problems in the orginal version upgrading will not help until the problems are corrected.
Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back