Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how do change the positionings settings of a WebForm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanglam

Programmer
Dec 11, 2002
US
Hi,

I just started using Visual Studio 2010 to develop an ASP.NET Web Application.
My question is whenever I drag a component (Label, Textbox, etc) onto the WebForm, the component (Label, Textbox, etc) automatically goes to the top left corner of the WebForm. How do I change the settings of the WebForm so I can place a component (Label, Textbox, etc) anywhere I want to the WebForm?
Same question applies whenever I placed a component (Label, Textbox, etc) inside a Panel or the Content container, the labels or textboxes just position themselves on the top left corner of the Panel of Content Container in a sequential manner. How can I place components inside a Panel or Content container anywhere I want inside the Panel or Content container?

Thanks,
Hang

I believe that was it used to be back on VS 2003, but seems MS has stayed away on using static positioning on the IDE on later versions. Or maybe I am wrong. Have you explored the Tools / Options on the Web Form Designer section? Better yet, the ASP.NET forum may give you more definite answers/advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back