Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How display web image on PB form or report? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecarmody

Programmer
Jul 19, 2005
US
Hello,
I'm trying to think of some strategies for displaying web images on a PB form/control, and datawindow reports.

Would it be assumed the link to the web source should be directly to a image file (//somesite.com/image.jpg), or would a ASP or HTML link be usable? That would mean parsing out the HTML, wouldn't it?

Thanks for any comments and suggestions.
Cheers,
Eric

Hi JCura,

I did try your suggestion and I do have the Web Browser OLE control working on my PB window frames using the links to the images; actually they are CGI links, but the image still displays. Thanks.

I've tried to also use the OLE in a datawindow, but I have been unsuccesful in figuring out how to display an image using the OLE object in the datawindow.

Do you know the runtime script syntax to do this?

Thanks for you reply.
Cheers,
Eric

No...
That, I have never tried... Sorry. I just use it as an object in a window. It works fine for my purposes.

JCura

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back