Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How come I can't get 4X AGP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nspeer

Technical User
May 27, 2002
US
My bios setting is 4X AGP but my system config benchmark sez "AGP bus unused or AGP card not fully AGP compatible. Current AGP data rate not optimal"

So, like I said, even though BIOS AGP setting is 4x, I don't think I am getting 4X AGP. What's wrong?

Help?
Neil

What's the make/model video card and motherboard? [deejay]
ck_blk@yahoo.com

It's a Visiontek GeForce 3 Ti 200 (64meg) with 23.12b driver. The MoBo is a VIA VT8363 with Apollo KT133 chipset.
A system test I ran sez, "AGP bus unused or AGP card not fully AGP compatible" and "current AGP data rate not optimal"

???
Neil

Search for dxdiag on your C: drive and run it. Go to the display tab and make sure all "DirectX Features" are enabled. Then test "DirectDraw" and "Direct3D", the buttons over on the right.

How fast is the CPU? What kind of score are you getting in 3DMark2000 or 3DMark2001? What's the name of the test you ran before that gave you the error? [deejay]
ck_blk@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back