Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How change the DN that 0 points to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 23, 2012
CA
Hi All

I am a meridian newbie so please be patient with me. I would like to change the DN that our 0 routes to for external callers. I found out that it's not as easy as I thought it would be.

Cheers,
Danny

For external callers you might need to check your VM system.

Michael
"Will Work For Food..."

I have a mermail system version 11, would you know where to look?

Danny

i have not worked on MerMail in many years, i have since purged all that knowledge. Hope someone else can fill in.

Michael
"Will Work For Food..."

You can either change the ATDN number from "0" to something different and configure "0" as a steering code. It all depends on where you want to point "0"?.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Currently I have 0 going to DN 4390 some how, I just don't know how to find this info out. I printed out my ATT info and this is what I got.

REQ: prt
TYPE: att
TYPE ATT_DATA
CUST

TYPE ATT_DATA
CUST 00
OPT AHD BIND BIXA BLA
DNX IC1 XTG XDP XLF XBL
FKA MWUD LOD
REA SYD ATDA
ATDN 0
NCOS 0
CWUP NO
CWCL 0 0
CWTM 0 0
CWBZ NO NO
MATT NO
RTIM 30 30 30
RTSA RSAD
SACP NO
ABDN NO
IRFR NO
XRFR NO
IDBZ NO
PBUZ 02 10
ICI 00
ICI 01
ICI 02
ICI 03
ICI 04
ICI 05
ICI 06
ICI 07
ICI 08
ICI 09
RICI

Go into LD 20 and do a DNB on 0. My guess it is either an ACD or phantom pointed to 4390.

here is my print out

TYPE: dnb
CUST 0
DN 0
DATE
PAGE
DES

DN 0
TYPE ATT

Go into ld 21 and print your NIT Data. I bet your NIT1 DN is 4390

I guess I should explain this a bit. We have callers dialing our main number and on heavy call days they get bounced to 4390. I have not been able to get a straight answer from the staff weather people are dialing 0 and its being forward to 4390 or the switch is send people to 4390 automatically?

Danny

If you don't use a Attendant console, then it's most likely that the NIT setting in LD 15 will need to be viewed and changed as suggested above.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

So how are your calls handled? Are they answered by a live person or by an auto attendant? If all the voice mail ports are busy then 4390 could be the overflow for the ACD for MerMail or the CDN overflow for Call Pilot.

Here is my NIT prt

TYPE: nit
TYPE NIT_DATA
CUST 0

TYPE NIT_DATA
CUST 00
NIT1
TIM1
NIT2
TIM2
NIT3
TIM3
NIT4
TIM4

Calls are answered by mermail, then we use voice menus to direct people to proper departments. how can I check to see if 4390 is used as an overflow?

Thanks again for the help.
Danny

You would need to print out the ACD Que of your Mer Mail and see if 4390 is in that print out somewhere. Print this out in LD 23. This would be the same DN you call to receive messages.

Here's the print out

REQ prt
TYPE acd
CUST 0
ACDN 6666

TYPE ACD
CUST 0
ACDN 6666
MWC YES
IMS YES
CMS YES
IMA YES