Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How change the background image from cisco 7970 with a call manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bnosummer

Technical User
Feb 22, 2010
MX
I found already tutorials about change the background image of
cisco ip 7970 with a Call Manager Express, but i was wondering how can do this in a Call Manager release 7?
someone can help me?

Use the Cisco IP Phone Designer. Free download from CCO and it works great for single phones. Loads your own ring tones also. I've heard it works for multiple phones but I've never tried it that way.

I download the Cisco IP Phone designer 7.0 and 7.1 from cisco web page and after install it , i run the software but in the splash screen, a error message appear that says : "Phone designer has encountered and issue that requires the application to be closed . If the problem persist contact your administrator". I running this software in a HP dv5 Windows Vista SP1, 64 Bits, AMD Turion X2.

I don't know if Phone Designer runs on 64 bit OS. Check CCO.

i found the solution for this issue, a partner of the company used the XML file for the call manager express,
only we have tu upload to the Call Manager with the images that we are going to use .
The only thing that we have to put attention is in the uppercase word of the thumbail images:

<CiscoIPPhoneImageList>

<ImageItem Image="TFTP:Desktops/320x196x4/TN-Pulgas.png"
URL="TFTP:Desktops/320x196x4/Pulgas.png"/>

</CiscoIPPhoneImageList>

also is important to create the directory first and upload the images to these directory, the directory must be named with the dimension of the screen for the phone.
The dimension of the phone changes depends of the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back