Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How change Properties on a file from an application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kongsjs

Programmer
Jul 20, 2007
NO
Hi

I need to change the Title and Comments on files (.txt) from a PB application. I know how to read the Properties, but I dont know how to update them.

Is there anywone that could help me ?

Thanks in advance !!!

What is "title" and "comment" for file?

Can you show how do you read these properties?

Tomek

When you right click on a file in the File Explorer, and choose Properties (at the bottom).
In the Properties window you the get choose tab folder Summary. There you have Tittle and comments + some more fields. There might be some fields only shown in "Advanced" view I also need to change.

There is no native solution in PB, I'm afraid.
If I were you I will look for in Microsoft msdn and next try to implement in PB.
Try to find any API functions for that.
I'll try to find smth in free time.

Tomek

Try this article in the FAQ for this Forum

How to read file information using FolderObjects & FolderItem's
faq144-6949

- Matt

"Nature forges everything on the anvil of time

Hi

I know how to read the Properties of a file. I asked for help on that in July 2007, and got several answers, and I have used "thekl0wn"'s solution, and that is working perfectly.
Here is a link to that case:

Now I need to update some of this properties, and that I havent found any solution on yet.
But I am looking and hopfully someone here can help me. :)

What? You mean I did something useful? That's a first...

However, I too would like to know this, but have not ventured that far into anything, yet... If/when I do, I will be sure to document it, but I wouldn't hold my breath. (I'm slow and busy!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back