Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can you track cd proggression

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninja440th

Technical User
Dec 19, 2001
GB
Hi all

ok let me try to explain what i mean
were developing an ECDL course that will be both web and CDrom based...

what we want is a way that the user can go back to his last page when he puts the cdrom back in to his drive
like you can place cookies or session data for web sites..

so i know that there is something that must be written to the hard drive for this to happen but WHAT and where

any ideas greatly appreciated

Nope,
I am sorry but you cant get to start in the middle of a cdrom like that, in fact I do have a suggestion tho......you can make a type of "written as we go along index that could serve very nicely though if you see what I mean. This would actually serve as the same exact thing. Hope that helps and of course you would have to (the user) do the indexing by himself.

Whether the URL is local or out on the web, would not a browser based viewer be able to place a cookie on the user's machine that could automatically be updated and checked as the student progresses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back