Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can you disable the Novell Client

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulBarron

Technical User
Oct 8, 2001
GB
I have a problem whereby I have users logging onto a Windows 2000 server, but also accessing database applications on a Netware 3 server.

They are logging onto their PC's via Client for Microsoft Networks, but in order for them to run their database applications the Novell Client has to remain on their PC's. They are not logging into Novell (just bypassing the login screen).

My question is, can you have a novell client on a PC and stop it from popping up at startup?

What version of NetWare Client are you using? You should not have to use the client32, since Novell 3 is binary, it does not need to access NDS. You sould just put on the Microsoft client for NETWARE on and have the passwords and user name sync. Be sure you have NT as your primary login in the network properties and if the user names and passwords are the same for both servers it should automaitcally login to novell after you login into NT bypassing the novell login.

What version of NetWare Client are you using? You should not have to use the client32, since Novell 3 is binary, it does not need to access NDS. You sould just put on the Microsoft client for NETWARE on and have the passwords and user name sync. Be sure you have NT as your primary login in the network properties and if the user names and passwords are the same for both servers it should automaitcally login to novell after you login into NT bypassing the novell login.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back