Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can we stop users from seeing bosses agenda ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicolaas1

IS-IT--Management
Nov 13, 2002
BE
We don't want to let every one see our boss agenda ?

How can we prevent this on exchange level ?

Remove everyone except properly authorised delegates from having reviewer rights to his/her calendar.

They will still be able to tell when boss is free/busy but won't get the details.

Neill

That has been done bus still the agenda is visible to users who don't have access.

You are sure the permissions in the calendar are set to Default - None and Anonymous - None?

Check at the folder level, not in Options, Delegates.

Neill

Well it is not outlook who is doing this.

Looks like the solution was to remove the sent as / recieve as
out of the authenticated user group in the exchange mailstore.

Why could no one in this forum point that as a possible solution ?

Why fixing on outlook if the security problem is on the exchange server.

When i started this one i asked for a fix on exchange, because i new already the problem was on the exchange server.

Because no-one in their right mind would ever set it up so that Authenticated users had SendAs/ReceiveAs on anything.

That is basically the read anything anywhere permission and is usually locked down even for domain admins.

Very few accounts would ever need those permissions set permanently, Blackberry service accounts are one of the few that do.

Neill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back