Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how can we make a metric just for reporting not access for adhoc

Status
Not open for further replies.

sri1808

Programmer
Nov 9, 2004
US
Hi All,
I want to restrict some metrics for adhoc reporting in mstr web but the metric should be used only for reporting when the user clicks on the create report in mstr web metrics should not be seen in the metric list how can I accomplish this task ? Is this a adminstrative task please help me
My version is mstr 7.x
thanks

Put the metric in a folder that is invisible to adhoc users.

you can also set the invisible porperty at the metric level by right clicking on the metric and checking "Hidden"

From the desktop you will need to check "Display hidden objects" under the menu Tools-->Desktop Preferences

Then on the Desktop tab select the Browsing Options... button. The checkbox will be at the bottom of the screen.

Display hidden objects" is set at the individual desktop and user level, so it may not be reliable. More tech-savvy users can turn it on.

Yeah, infact if you hide a folder and have a bunch of objects in them that are default in security (viewable by everyone) a web user can search for some common word say date or even just a blank string ' ' and will get access to other stuff that he is not supposed to view.

The only reliable method is to set the object's security to False for View and True for Execute.

Thanks all for the suggestions sorry i couldnt reply back early i changed the metric access to denied and report which contains that particular metric to view access i am able to execute the report in web and i dont see the metric in the list for adhoc.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back