Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can REXX be connected to Teradata

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJSanthosh

Programmer
Jan 30, 2003
US
I want to retrieve the Data found in Teradata Table using a REXX program. How can this be done?? A sample code would be more helpful to me. We use Queryman for fetching data from Teradata.

Supongo que el Teradata esta en un servidor Windows, y quieres la respuesta en el Host (Z/os).
- Como esta ejecutando el Query?
* Si lo ejecutas en local (teradata), despues de la query debes hacer un FTP al host (Z/os) destino, el envio se puede automatizar en Windows.
* Si ejecutas el proceso desde el Host (Z/os) estaras utilizando algun servicio de ejecucion remota de TCP/IP( REXEC, RSH,..) estos procesos se esperan a que la query acabe, y despues haces el GET del fichero de resultado por FTP o puedes hacer un TYPE del fichero (windows) y direccionarlo a un fichero (Z/os).
You uso el servicio RSH con Teradata para ejecutar procesos desde el Host.
-- English. --
I suppose that Teradate is in a Windows Server, and you want the results in the Host (Z/os).
* If you execute the query in local machine, following the query having to do a Send BY FTP to host. ( this process is able to automatize in Windows.
* if you execute the process from Z/os you are using some service of remote execution of TCP/IP ( Rexec, RSH, ..) these process are expected at query ending and after you do a GET by FTP or a TYPE of the file if you are using a RSH service.
I Use RSH service from Host to Teradata.

Supongo que el Teradata esta en un servidor Windows, y quieres la respuesta en el Host (Z/os).
- Como esta ejecutando el Query?
* Si lo ejecutas en local (teradata), despues de la query debes hacer un FTP al host (Z/os) destino, el envio se puede automatizar en Windows.
* Si ejecutas el proceso desde el Host (Z/os) estaras utilizando algun servicio de ejecucion remota de TCP/IP( REXEC, RSH,..) estos procesos se esperan a que la query acabe, y despues haces el GET del fichero de resultado por FTP o puedes hacer un TYPE del fichero (windows) y direccionarlo a un fichero (Z/os).
You uso el servicio RSH con Teradata para ejecutar procesos desde el Host.
-- English. --
I suppose that Teradata is in a Windows Server, and you want the results in the Host (Z/os).
* If you execute the query in local machine, following the query having to do a Send BY FTP to host. ( this process is able to automatize in Windows.
* if you execute the process from Z/os you are using some service of remote execution of TCP/IP ( Rexec, RSH, ..) these process are expected at query ending and after you do a GET by FTP or a TYPE of the file if you are using a RSH service.
I Use RSH service(software of Denicomp in Windows) from Host to Teradata.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back